Re: things broke when I went to dpkg-dev 1.4.1.6

I was able to circumnavigate the problem (perhaps I should have played
with it a little longer before posting), but it still baffles me.  I was
doing my package build with:

	dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

and it was failing.  I invoked dh_gencontrol by itself with "fakeroot
dh_gencontrol" and it produced a debian/files file for me...  Weird.  Now
I cannot reproduce the problem.

Thanks for the reply,
tony

P.S.  Thanks go to Mattias Klose for suggesting using the .dpatch
mechanism from the egcs package.  It works great.  If anyone else would
like to keep their mods to the upstream source in patches which are
applied/reversed during the build/clean, check out the debian/rules and
debian/patches/* part of the egcs package, or look at mine
(wanpipe_2.0.5-1), or drop me a line.

  tony@mancill.com         |  Life is fraught with opportunities
http://www.debian.org      |    to keep your mouth shut.