Re: Maintainer override in bug tracking system

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, David Coe wrote:

> Under "Adopting a Package" the debian developers' reference manual
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> says (among other things):
>
>    If you take over an old package, you probably want to be
>    listed as the package's official maintainer in the bug
>    system. This will happen automatically once you upload a
>    new version with an updated Maintainer: field, although
>    it can take a couple of weeks. If you do not expect to
>    upload a new version for a while, send an email to
>    override-change@debian.org so that bug reports will go
>    to you right away.
>
> I'd like to do that, but am not yet a sanctioned developer;
> do you think I should send that email, or do I really have
> to wait?  Thanks.

No offence, but why is it that non-developers are suddenly jumping up and
down wanting to do this and that?? I find this a strange behaviour
pattern. And I myself, feel that If you arent a maintainer, you cant do
these things.

                     Michael Beattie (mike@omnic.dhis.org)

            Curiousity may kill the cat, but a 12 gauge is quicker!