Re: Maintainer override in bug tracking system

"Michael Beattie" <mike@omnic.dhis.org> writes:

> No offence, but why is it that non-developers are suddenly jumping up and
> down wanting to do this and that?? I find this a strange behaviour
> pattern. And I myself, feel that If you arent a maintainer, you cant do
> these things.

[IMHO:]

Everybody can and should hunt every bug down and report patches via the
Bug Tracking System. It's just a part of the social contract.

Gaining maintainerhood doesn't get you smart. Work does.

It would be nice if every user of debian solved as many bugs as they
could. Probally adding "[FIX]" to the subject would increase the chance
that somebody takes care of the patches if the maintainer doesn't.

And bugfixing doesn't make it harded to get accepted as
maintainer. Considering the status of the newmaintainersteam I think
it's more the other way around.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.