Re: developer-in-waiting using bts?

>> "David" == David Coe <david.coe@someotherplace.org> wrote:

David> I'm working on some of the open bugs, and would like to contact
David> one (or more) of the bug submitters.

This is great.

David> Should I write directly to the bug submitters and cc: the
David> relevant bug number@bugs.debian.org, or is it better to just do
David> it privately (not involve the bts) until I'm officially
David> maintaining the package, or should I leave the bug submitters
David> alone until I'm official?

There is no need to wait. Anyone can work on bugs and submit additions
to existing reports.

If you mail <bugnumber>@bugs.debian.org, the mail will automatically
be forwarded to the maintainer. So this is what you should do. It also
archives your mail and makes a patch, workaround etc. visible for
anyone, even if the maintainer is busy.

Ciao,
	Martin