Re: NMU's

So, in my efforts to be useful.....

	I would like to help hunt out and squash some of the bugs currently
listed on bugs.debian.org.  However, it would seem that a little caution
is in order.   How should I approach submitting the fixes I perform?  Should
I simply do them as a patch sent to the maintainer or can I repackage them
and dupload 'em?  Also, can I just start nailing bugs I think I can
chase out or is there a more formal method of declaring war on a given
bug?  With people talking about release, I figure more and more of us
should be approaching the huge number of outstanding "issues" listed.

	Now, the other thing I could be doing is adopting some packages.
What do people think?  Time better spent making what we have run better
or time spent becoming a full maintainer of something?

	chris

chris mckillop - cdm@debian.org    "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Debian GNU/Linux                                     -- Lewis Carroll
http://www.debian.org/
Waterloo Aerial Robotics Group - http://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~warg/