Re: Removing files from source tree

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 10:36:24AM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm busy packaging rrdtool ATM and it includes a full copy of gd 1.2 in
> the source tree. I will modify it to link to gd dynamically (and set the
> requires: on the package accordingly, etc). Should I remove the now-unneeded
> gd source from the source tree or not? It would save a little space, but
> then the source wouldn't be pristine.
>
> I'm in favour of leaving it in, but what do the rest of you feel?

I had the same situation with Sather which uses the GC (garbage collector)
but now I'm in the nice situation of becoming the upstream maintainer as
well :-)

Maybe you could ask upstream about separating it out. Quite often that's the
best solution to begin with because updating can be done separately. They
are still free to distribute the library code along with their software, but
in a separate source tree. Until then I'd not worry about the space and
leave it in.

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!