Re: exec ./configure ${1+"$@"}

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 03:48:49PM +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
> I've seen this line in the dh_configure file of the mutt package and I'm
> asking some questions about this :
>
> 1 ) Is the exec necessary ? What does it stand for ?

        It executes the configure script, as opposed to mearly calling
        it and afterwards continuing execution; in effect, starts it
        from the top.

> 2 ) What's the ${1+"$@"}
> 	the ${} means that it will be replaced by the output of the command
> 	inside but what's the 1+"$@" ?

        It expands to all the parameters you gave to configure, if any.
        It's just a more complex way of saying "$@", needed on some
        broken systems (though I don't recall why).
--
Havoc Consulting | unix, linux, perl, mail, www, internet, security consulting
+358 50 5486010  | software development, unix administration, training