Re: exec ./configure ${1+"$@"}

Sami Dalouche <samid@ifrance.com> writes:

> I've seen this line in the dh_configure file of the mutt package and I'm
> asking some questions about this :
>
> 1 ) Is the exec necessary ? What does it stand for ?

it terminates the current shell and executes the command instead. If
the command is the last in a script, this saves a little memory.

> 2 ) What's the ${1+"$@"}
> 	the ${} means that it will be replaced by the output of the command
> 	inside but what's the 1+"$@" ?

${} means parameter expansion, not command execution. "1" is the first
argument. "@" are all arguments. the "+" in between specifies to use
the latter if the former is unset.

BTW, You can find all this in the manpages (man exec, man sh).

	Falk