Re: question about kernel sources .config

R Garth Wood <rgwood@peace.netnation.com> writes:

> Well, I don't think there is a way to get around it. You have
> so much space and so much information. I think a boot/driver
> disk set is the only way.

Well, debian kind of does that now.  I am not sure how they decide
what should be built into the kernel and what should be on the drivers
disks.  It is something I am interested in though.

> See if the device is made at that point.

Huh? we're talking about setting the root device in the kernel image
on the debian boot floppy.  If there's any devices set up their in the
root.bin file.  I'm just trying to rdev the kernel.

  Kirk