Re: New Convert From Win--need some help

"Jeremy W." <jeremy@silverstar.com> writes:

> 	My new system, which I'll describe later in detail to see if
> there are any compatibility inconsistencies, is being shipped to me,
> and my intent it to put the Debian distribution on it, as I've heard
> it's probably the best (though not most user-friendly)
> distribution. First, however, I'd like to ask a few questions.

Well, first off, welcome to Debian.  Secondly, you are emailing this
question to the wrong list.  I believe you want debian-user.  Thirdly,
admittedly installation of Debian is much harder than it ought to be.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/

> 3: Is there an included boot manager (gotta have win for my games :-)?

Of course.

> 4: Is this (below) hardware supported, or where can I find a list that will
> tell me if it is?

Linux Hardware howto, also see the installation manual.