Re: Optional cryptography

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 05:04:41PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Or can we upload a non-US package to master's dinstall, which would
> then forward it to its pandora counterpart? I think not, but it'd be
> a nice feature to have.

>From the point of view of crypto code, this would be *extremely* bad.

A crypto package would, under this system, be imported into the USA
onto master's input queue.  Master would then re-export the code to
pandora, thereby breaking US export laws.  (Master is physically
located in California, isn't it?)  The admins - Novare at best,
possibly SPI's board at worst - would be held responsible.