Re: Optional cryptography

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 12:33:53AM +1000, Chris Leishman wrote:
> > > So my question is, should I provide a non-crypto enabled version, and
> > > if so, do I need to have seperate source packages?
> >
> > Two sources are definitely needed, however, I don't know whether we
> > actually need to change the US one to exclude anything crypto related.
> > I'm CC:ing also our -legal team, which should know what to do.
>
> Why should we need to have two differing copies?  Everyone can download
> from non-US servers - they just can't be hosted in the US.

Yes, but non-US is a separate repository, and we can't let the non-US
binaries get out of sync with US sources, or vice versa.

Or can we upload a non-US package to master's dinstall, which would
then forward it to its pandora counterpart? I think not, but it'd be
a nice feature to have.

> (IMHO main is only in 'US' servers because the majority of developers
> are in the US).

That's not the point. It's not important where main is, but where
non-US is, and that obviously can't be in US. But this is a totally
different topic...