Re: Updating packages before being developer

In foo.debian-mentors, you wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 11:07:14PM +0100, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:
>
> > I'm not yet a developer [...]
> >
> > I'm wondering what will happen when I try upload the new packages to master?
> > Some are not -1 version anymore, and some already have newer upstream versions,
> > meaning that the changelog are not the usual "* Initial Release" anymore.
> > Do you think that will be a problem when I made the upload?

It is okay to not have a virgin package when your first upload it.
The only issue is that is your package is not -1, then you must take
care to ensure that the source file (orig.tar.gz) is also uploaded.
I believe that dupload will omit it from -2 and higher packages by default.

-Mitch