Re: how to handle a few arch-indep files

On 13/04, Olaf Stetzer wrote:

| my package mountapp is nearly ready, but a few questions are left:
|
| 1.) There are a few little pixmaps included with the sources,
|     which are installed to /usr/x11R6/share/mount.app/
|     Now, do I have to make a separate package for them (something sort
|     of support-package) or can I leave them in the binary package.
|     Personally, I feel that two packages for this little app is
|     a little overkill.

I think you can make one package, especially if icons are needed to have
mount.app work properly.

| 2.) There are two binarys: mount.app and mount.conf. The latter is
|     normally invoked by mount.app directly, so do I need to call
|     dh_undocumented for this too or can I ignore the lintian-message
|     about binary without manpage? (mount.app has no mapage too.)

You should not have mount.conf in the PATH if it's not intended for users.
Put in under /usr/libexec for example (no need for a manpage), and make
mount.app look for it there.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@debian.org