Re: How much pristine should the .orig.tar.gz be?

> My question is: The binary packages _will not_ have anything from
> those utils (they're only good in a NeXT), so there is no problem with
> them, _but_ the source tarball, if I make it pristine, will have those
> utils on it. Should I just remove the utils from the source, making
> the problem disappear, or keep them there and wait that -legal give
> permission to do so (there might be problem to this, as I understand
> it from a previous post from -legal)? Just remember that those utils
> don't serve any purpose except wasting space! :)

I'd leave out the utils on the grounds that patches against your
copy of the system will work just as well as against the upstream
variant.

Note that we already use non-pristine tar files in some cases (for
example: where the upstream version doesn't contain files in a
properly named subdirectory).

However, I'd certainly make sure to document that I'd done this, and
why.

--
Raul