PHOENIX.RPM : REDHAT --> DEBIAN

hi there,
Sorry if the subject is not one for mentors but i think you'llfind it
interesting.
i would like to make a package for redhat to convert that distribution
into a debian one.
the machines in which i would like to install are connected to the net so
i can make the upgrade via apt .
i'd like to keep my old-redhat-/etc dir ( 'cause configurations files
seems to be equal for the base packages) and keep the list of rpm-package
( which i try to install in deb version where is possible ).
i thought that base files is in tgz format too , so first to install that
and then make up an apt staic linked in which i'll put my old-rpm-list
(but in deb format) to upgrade .

Does anyone have some suggestion , or know about tools that could help me
?

many thanks

samuele