Re: /usr/bin or /usr/bin/X11

> but that would put data in /usr/X11R6/share and that would be bad..
Oh.  Right.  I'm facing a similar problem with Rosegarden.  Probably I'll
have to edit the configure.in to install that stuff in /usr/share instead.

> whereas dh_make produced one that did this (from memory):
> #!/bin/sh
> if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus ; then update-menus ; fi
> if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus ; then update-menus ; fi
Whoa.  That's weird.

> if debmake is deprecated and everyone should start using dh_make, why
> does debmake's control file claim to conform to a newer
> Standards-Version than dh_make (not to mention the buggy post{inst,rm}
> scripts) ?
I think that the general idea is to _not_ use dh_make (which is the
debmake emulation mode) at all.  You've got much better control using the
dh_*  scripts individually.  I don't know -- I don't remember what the
original reason for the switch was ...

							Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |