Re: dpkg-source: cannot represent change

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 12:31:54PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > 	-rm pike/0.6
> > > (or whatever the file is)
> >
> > That is not a fix, that is to break my point. See above, it's intentional,
> > that link...
> >
> > That's why I want to OVERRIDE it...
>
> You can't.  The diff file format cannot represent this.
> What Adrian probably meant is that you rm the symbolic link in the
> clean target, and recreate it in the build target.

Yep.  When the package was made, either an automated script or you yourself
made the symlink.  dpkg does "debian/rules clean", does a diff and then
"debian/rules binary".  The symlink needs to be removed in the "clean" stage
(but don't crash if it doesn't exist - hence the "-" before "rm".  If the
symlink is made automatically then fine, if you created it, then just add
"ln -s ..." in the "binary" section of "debian/rules".

> Of course, this is going to be an icky solution either way, because
> it means your package can't autobuild.

Eh - why not.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org