Re: What to do when new version available upstream...

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:20:26 -0800, Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> said:

> The only tricky bit I've found with the whole cvs-buildpackage system
> is that you have to commit test builds and hand export them for testing
> purposes if you don't want to constantly overwrite tags in the cvs
> repository.

I don't quite follow you.  I use normal build commands when working on a
package (`fakeroot debian/rules binary', `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot').
I tag and cvs-buildpackage only when I'm ready to release the package.

Do you mean you do the commit/tag/cvs-buildpackage more often because
you're concerned that building it that way will fail when building it in
the normal way will work?

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org