Re: dpkg-source: cannot represent change

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 01:59:25PM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > > Anything I can do to override this? It's on purpose, so that I don't
> > > have to include the whole pike/0.6 tree (the 'pike_0.6.110.orig.tar.gz'
> > > tarball)...
> >
> > 	-rm pike/0.6
> > (or whatever the file is)
>
> That is not a fix, that is to break my point. See above, it's intentional,
> that link...
>
> That's why I want to OVERRIDE it...

You can't.  The diff file format cannot represent this.
What Adrian probably meant is that you rm the symbolic link in the
clean target, and recreate it in the build target.

Of course, this is going to be an icky solution either way, because
it means your package can't autobuild.

Richard Braakman