Re: Ack! "Broken Libc"

>> "SJC" == Stephen J Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> writes:

SJC> and I ran lintian on the xfstt that I uploaded yesterday and it
SJC> gave a couple of errors that I will be fixing for unstable soon
SJC> but.,..  it said "compiled with broken libc"

This must be the infamous "frame-info" thing.

SJC> Is this a major worry? SHould i delete the package from incomming
SJC> and investigate?

I say yes. You have to recompile it later anyway, so better do it
now. We have also discussed recompiling other packages in slink as
well, but dropped it because of the time it would take. So
recompilation is the right way to solve this.

SJC> Not sure what to do since all it says is "Broken libc" it doesn't
SJC> say why it is broken or what version is a known not broken one.

libc6-2.0.7u-7.1 and higher are OK.

Ciao,
	Martin