libc5 version of libdb2?

Hi,

I'm compiling a libc5 version of libdb2 for internal use (I received
some precompiled binaries linked against libc5 and libdb2 - libdb2 is
linked against libc6 in debian).

I'd like to do this the Right Way the first time.  I think I'm beginning
to comprehend the control file, but how should I name these libc5
versions?  It was my understanding that libs being ported to libc6 would
have a "g" appended, but this is a case of backporting.

It's not crucial that my libraries have names compatible with the Debian
scheme, but I'd like to learn how this stuff works, and perhaps even
help out here and there.

I'm always happy to RTFM ;)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104