Re: make problem with targets that have paths in it.

On Sat, Mar 14, 1998 at 01:54:33AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Well. Make is just not made to support this. The usual solution for this
> problem is:
>
> world: ../hello
> 	echo "world!"
>
> ../hello:
> 	(cd .. && $(MAKE) hello)
>
> I haven't tested it, but it *should* work.

Well, but it *works* if there is a file "hello" in the testing directory, so
this can't be the whole story.

Note that the Makefiles that failed weren't mine. They do work for other
people, and sometimes they work for me, too.

I really don't know what is wrong with the other Makefiles.

Marcus