Re: Trouble Building with Original Sources

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 05:08:50PM -0600, Paul Serice wrote:
> > Another thing that might be of interest is that the original tarball
> > unpacks to the current directory instead of creating its own
> > subdirectory.
>
> I would create the tarball with it's own directory to extrace into. It
> will still be pristine source and it will work better with the builds.
> Call the directory name-x.x.orig/ I think dpkg-source needs this in
> order to do the diff right.

This almost works.  The package builds o.k. now, but the last line
during the build says:

    dpkg-buildpackage: diff-only upload (original source NOT included)

When I type "dupload --no --to master", I get the following:

     crafty_16.2-2_i386.deb, md5sum ok
     crafty_16.2-2.diff.gz, md5sum ok
     crafty_16.2-2.dsc, md5sum ok
     crafty_16.2-2_i386.changes ok

There is no mention of the original source being included.  Is this
correct?

Paul