Re: Fw: New section in potato?

Ben Bucksch wrote:
> the following msg was ignored in the discussion. Have I done something
> wrong?

Speaking for myself, I reply to less than 1% of the mail I get.
And it is the nature of email discussions that you are likely to only
get replies if people disagree, or if you present something wonderfully
interesting and new.

> Is it unusual to discuss in devel, if U're no package-maintainer?

Non-developers are welcome in debian-devel, it is deliberately a public
list.

> Or is it the "style" of writing?

I remember seeing your message.  I did ignore it, because it was hard
to read.  Now that I'm paying close attention, I still don't know what
you mean with it.  So yes, I think it was your style of writing.

Your ideas are much more likely to be read and considered if you
express them clearly.  It may help if you look at messages that do get
a lot of replies, and see how they differ from yours.

Richard Braakman