Re: new maintainer: upload to frozen?

In article <[🔎] 19981204083148.C27053@lenny.mgh.harvard.edu>, "Stephen J. Carpenter" <sjc@delphi.com> writes:
> I would personally save the minor bug for unstable and if you really
> feel you need to change the maintainer field...just change that and
> re-upload with the text in the changelog reflecting that you are the
> new maintainer and nothing else.

Yeah, well, I don't really personally think it's worth it to reupload
to slink just to get a maintainer change in.  I bet it's a little
fuzzy in the developers-reference because it really doesn't matter one
way or another.  A frozen upload with just a maintainer name change
should be accepted, however, since it is "no new code", after all.