Re: Cannot install Linux on laptop

Does the kernel at least report on the terminal what it is doing ? If so what
are the last things it says ?

To my mind, there might be some kernel modules that need to be loaded for the
boot to continue - but even in these situations, usually the booting just
hangs, and doesn't restart over and over.

I have to admit that I'm a bit stumped at this point unless there is something
more you can say above. I was hoping that at the linux laptop URL, someone
would have made an entry for your laptop in the database of known working
laptops, with any info on special things they needed to do to get the laptop
running.