cannot build jed_0.98.7-7

Hi, I'm new to this list.

I made my package jed-ja (Japanized jed) by deb-make.
I want to re-make it by debhelper.

Since I'm not familiar with debhelper, I tried to build the current
jed package:

jed_0.98.7.orig.tar.gz
jed_0.98.7-7.diff.gz

But I failed as follows.

dh_gencontrol -a
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dh_makeshlibs -a
dh_md5sums -a
dh_builddeb -a
dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control' near line 6 package `jed':
 `Depends' field, missing package name, or garbage where package name expected
dh_builddeb: command returned error code
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

I'm not sure why ${shlibs:Depends} is not substituted.

dpkg            1.4.0.31       Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
dpkg-dev        1.4.0.31       Package building tools for Debian Linux
debhelper       1.1.24         helper programs for debian/rules

Thanks.

makoto

--
Kikutani, Makoto  kikutani@sprintmail.com