Re: Non-maintainer release

In article <[🔎] m0zbHFS-00032vC@grieve.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>, rd@grieve.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Rainer Dorsch) writes:

> What is the right procedure to do a non-maintainer upstream release?
> I do not want to upload my non-maintainer debian packages to the
> Debian server, but potentially distribute them.

Yes, you still should follow NMU guidelines, including 'patch
minimly', and using an NMU revision number.

See:
http://www.debian.org/~elphick/manuals.html/developers-reference/index.html
especially Chapter 6.

> My major concern is
> that, if I am doing only a

>   dch -v <version> <comment>

> the comment is entered in changelog as it would be from the
> maintainer. Further my name should be clearly visible, when it comes
> to problems, to avoid that the original maintainer gets lots of bug
> reports.

Well, for one, it it does behave this way you should submit a bug.  I
don't use 'dch' (I use emacs) so I don't know...