New unstable GTK+/GLib packages' names -- seeking advice

GTK+ and GLib have a somewhat curious developmental situation; they release
versions that are binary (and source, sometimes) incompatible with
previous releases with each developmental 1.1.x release.

Version 1.1.5 of both GTK+ and GLib have just been released. I have
received complaints about packages compiled against, say GTK+ 1.1.2,
breaking as soon as 1.1.3 is installed. Should I:

1) make the source and binary names for the new packages like gtk+1.1.5
   and glib1.1.5, changing the source and binary package names each time
   a new developmental upstream release comes out

or

2) say "screw it" and make the shlibs for GTK+ and GLib be (=1.1.5-1),
   updating the exact dependancy each time a new package is released.

1) lets there be packages that depend on any gtk+/glib version stay
in the archives, but takes up about 3-4 times as much space on every
mirror as before

2) makes it so that if you want something compiled against GTK+ 1.1.5
installed on your system, you'll have to remove all other packages
that don't depend on the exact version from your system. But, there
aren't 5 million GTK+/GLib packages in the archives.

Which should I do?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters M and B and the number 14.
"You have my pills!" -- Grampa Simpson