package in frozen with a grave bug

I just started maintaining the 'chos' package which had a grave bug report
filed against it (http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/29/29223.html) in the
slink distribution. The bug can cause severe super block curruption and
loss of data. I upgraded the the upstream source to a newer version to fix
the problem (and several others) and also changed a few other things in
order to fix another bug and generally make the package a little more
tidy.

Question: should i still upload the package to frozen or just let the
package get pulled from slink since it may introduce more bugs (more
meaning the newer source may have other undocumented bugs)?

Here is my changes thus far:

   * Added install of fixed swaphdfd bootsect's (still not supported in the
     binary yet tho) to fix compile errors
   * Modified Makefile to compile with emergency bootsect option
   * Modified vchos to reflect move from /boot to /boot/chos and added some
     default directories so users wont have to search for chos files
   * Moved chos bootsects/backgrounds from /boot to /boot/chos
     (closes #27448)
   * Moved html docs to /usr/doc/chos/html
   * Removed execution of 'chos' from postinst
   * New upstream release (closes #27568 #18569 #29223 #27449)
   * Updated to Standards Version 2.5.0.0
   * New maintainer

thanks

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org