Re: debmake + devscripts vs. debhelper

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> I have been using debmake+devscripts to build my debian packages till
> now.  How does this compare to debhelper?  Also, I remember seeing some
> post in debian-devel which said that one of these (debmake or debhelper)
> is being orphaned or is no longer in active development.  Should I move
> to debhelper.

Debmake was never 100% policy conforming.  Due to this lack Joey wrote
the debhelper that reflects our policy 1:1.  Thus debhelper is to be
preferred against the other tool.  However I'm not sure how much
orphaned debmake is since I saw a recent upload by Santiago a few
days ago.

> I know.  I know.  I should move to hand rolling all my packages.  Will

:-)

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.