Re: Using 'release' to process a bugfix ->stable

Hi,
>>"Camm" == Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:

 Camm> Greetings!  I've fixed a few bugs in the package I maintain,
 Camm> but all released versions are going into slink/unstable.

	This is by design. Once stable has been released, it is not
 meant to be changed unless there are major security holes in th
 package. In other words, only things that affect the system as a
 whole are fxed; individual packages do not carry enough weight.

 Camm> Is there a way I cn get release to mark the new package as a
 Camm> bug-fix update targeted for hamm/stable?

	Sure. Convince the release manager that the fixes are
 important enough to go into stable (which means that a new point
 release some time soon).

	The best way to do this is to convince people on -devel first,
 and only then go for the release manager.

	It is not easy to put changes into stable by design.

	manoj
--
 Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper. Francis Bacon