Re: linpopup

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:

> I've sent a message to the samba maintainer, asking if maybe he sees a
> possibility of handling this via an alternative; samba will then supply
> a dummy message handler that just discards the message, and the standard
> smb.conf will have an entry for the handler. When linpopup is
> installerd, it should replace the dummy handler so that it is
> automagically activated. This sounds workable to me, now I hope Eloy
> plays along.

The problem with this is that it will only work for people just installing
samba, not the ones that have been using if for years... (like me)

> The first is the oneliner description that's e.g. shown on the main
> dselect list of packages, while the second line is the first line of the
> longer description shown in the bottom part of dselect. It looks a bit
> strange in the control file, but isn't this done in other packages as
> well?

The 'one-liner' still show upp in the main (larger) window...

> I'd appreciate it if you could give a step-by-step description on how to
> reproduce your problem...

I'm not sure I can reproduce the problem, but I'll try...

--
-- Microsoft: Do less with more.   UNIX on Intel: Do more with less. --
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just

--
munitions Peking arrangements security SDI Nazi bomb Marxist Albanian
BATF domestic disruption Ft. Meade Noriega Qaddafi radar