Re: libmsgcat and sympa : my first packages

Le Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 10:24:04AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog écrivait:
> Any comments is welcome... especially about the scripts.

[sympa is a mailing-list manager && libmsgcat-perl a small perl
 module who enable the use of catclose/catopen/catgets in perl]

Since nobody wants to look a the (binaries and source) packages and make
some comments, I'll ask more precise questions :

- I don't know if I follow FSSTND with my packages, i've used :
  - /var/spool/sympa/* for the messages queues
  - /var/lib/sympa/* for the configuration for the lists and for the
    archives of the lists !
  - /usr/lib/sympa for some perl modules (private to sympa)
  - /etc/sympa.conf for the main configuration file
- In order to make sympa works, I had to restart sysklogd with "-r" (UDP
  logging allowed), so I decide to modify /etc/init.d/sysklogd using
  sed. Does this break anything in Debian Policy ? Or should I simply
  show a message explaining what to do in order to enable it ?
  Furthermore, I had to modify /etc/syslog.conf (it's handled by debstd)
  and I want to restart syslog before sympa, but I can't since
  debstd add some commands to postinst (including the call to sympa start).
  I can only add it at the very end (by adding a line to
  debian/tmp/DEBIAN/postinst manually after debstd has run.
- I create a system account called sympa, but I doesn't remove it when
  the package is removed or purged. Should I do it ? I looked at the majordomo
  package and he doesn't remove the majordom account too.

Regards,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/