Re: libmsgcat and sympa : my first packages
Le Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 10:24:04AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog écrivait:
> Any comments is welcome... especially about the scripts.
[sympa is a mailing-list manager && libmsgcat-perl a small perl
module who enable the use of catclose/catopen/catgets in perl]
Since nobody wants to look a the (binaries and source) packages and make
some comments, I'll ask more precise questions :
- I don't know if I follow FSSTND with my packages, i've used :
- /var/spool/sympa/* for the messages queues
- /var/lib/sympa/* for the configuration for the lists and for the
archives of the lists !
- /usr/lib/sympa for some perl modules (private to sympa)
- /etc/sympa.conf for the main configuration file
- In order to make sympa works, I had to restart sysklogd with "-r" (UDP
logging allowed), so I decide to modify /etc/init.d/sysklogd using
sed. Does this break anything in Debian Policy ? Or should I simply
show a message explaining what to do in order to enable it ?
Furthermore, I had to modify /etc/syslog.conf (it's handled by debstd)
and I want to restart syslog before sympa, but I can't since
debstd add some commands to postinst (including the call to sympa start).
I can only add it at the very end (by adding a line to
debian/tmp/DEBIAN/postinst manually after debstd has run.
- I create a system account called sympa, but I doesn't remove it when
the package is removed or purged. Should I do it ? I looked at the majordomo
package and he doesn't remove the majordom account too.
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com