Re: What to do with old bugs and package versions?

jmlb2>On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:

jmlb2>> * What about the version number of the norwegian, inorwegian and wnorwegian
jmlb2>>   packages? What should be done about them?  Should I just start anew with
jmlb2>>   veresion 1.0-1, or should I continue with whatever version number from the
jmlb2>>   old packages?  These are based upon a new source, and does not keep anything
jmlb2>>   from the old package othere than the name.

	If there is still another upstream author, I hope that the new
numbering does not conflict with the old.  As long as the name is the
same, the upstream part of the version number should be greater than the
old versions to avoid installation problems.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>