Re: The neverending story?

Boriel <boriel@arrakis.es> writes:
> I am still packaging the RHIDE program (Borland Like IDE for Linux), and
> still have a lot of problems with it. Although I finally compiled it for
> linux, it seems to be completely unusable (has a lot of bugs, especially
> with the curses management and initialisation). I have asked some of the
> coauthors of the program about it and told me they're working hard to
> fix this.

Life sux sometimes.

> Should I try also with another package while waiting the patches for
> RHIDE? I have tried to deal with the sources myself, but I find them a
> bit hard (there's almost no documentation!). :-(
>
> On the other hand, I would like to produce a set of tiny programs to
> help the newbie under Debian (or Linux), such an MS-DOS like editor...

Eh... Well, I personally don't feel we need another tiny editor.
Please review all the editors under Debian (ae, nvi, joe, ...) before
deciding to add another.

I would suggest

(a) adopt a package off the WNPP list
    <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/prospective-packages.html>

(b) adopt a documentation package if you think you are good at writing
    and at learning and at talking to people and discovering and
    documenting best current practices.  If you are interested in
    this, join <debian-doc@lists.debian.org> and ask what you can do
    to help, outlining your competencies.