Re: closing bug#21739 + #22912 in xfstt

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 03:33:22AM -0400, sjc@delphi.com wrote:

> -ok...is this right?

sounds right to me.

> The question arose over the last bug when someone said that the bug was
> against a version in stable (and hamm) but since the version with the fix
> is going into slink (unstable) the bug should not be closed yet... I had
> already closed the bug when I was told this but noone has re-opend it and
> I asked if this person was right...I never got any response... so I am
> asking now...is he right?

I'm the one who objected the bug being closed. I'm not the one who reopened
the bug. This is more like a policy thing...

The rationale is this: the bug was filed against the version in hamm. The
fixed version is on slink. If the bug is closed is like saying the bug has
been fixed, but that's not true, because the bug is still present on the
hamm version.

Choices:

* Ignore this and close the bug. If someone files it again, respond with "I
  know, but the version in slink is fixed. Download it". Not nice.

* Upload a fixed version to hamm. Impossible to do now.

* Wait for hamm to be released, and then upload the bug fix (how is that
  going to be handled? Certainly not like we did with bo... and I hope we
  don't come up with "erratas")

* Leave the bug open and wait for slink to become stable. Then you could
  rightfully say the bug is fixed, because the fixed version has been
  incorporated to stable. I have bugs waiting for hamm to became stable
  because I think this is the best approach if other options are not an
  option ;-)

					Marcelo