Re: help - deb-make/build

Okay, I now have the build program, and started over on the project. (I did
miss the package with build in it).   I still get the failure when it tries
to copy the man pages before making the directories under
(srcdir)/debian/tmp/usr

For the #linux problem, I am just leaving the #define LINUX right above the
#ifdef.

Here is the head of the Makefile for heyu:
BIN = $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin
MAN = $(DESTDIR)/usr/man/man1
MAN5 = $(DESTDIR)/usr/man/man5
GROUP = root
OWNER = root

Here is the output of 'build'  (run with sudo):

cc  -o heyu date.o erase.o info.o message.o relay.o monitor.o reset.o
setclock.o stop.o tty.o turn.o x10.o xread.o xwrite.o status.o cm11a.o -lm -lc
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19'
touch build
 debian/rules binary
test -f debian/rules
test root = "`whoami`"
test -f debian/rules
test -f debian/rules
rm -rf debian/tmp
install -d debian/tmp
cd debian/tmp && install -d `cat ../dirs`
make install DESTDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp
make[1]: Entering directory `/data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19'
cp heyu /data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/bin
chgrp root  /data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/bin/heyu
chmod 755 /data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/bin/heyu
chown root  /data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/bin/heyu
cp heyu.1 /data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/man/man1
cp: cannot create regular file
`/data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/man/man1': No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [/data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19/debian/tmp/usr/man/man1/heyu.1]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/dupload/heyu/heyu-1.19'

make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2

listmaster@lists.debian.org