post-upload procedures/transition from unstable to stable

I've RTFM and don't really find reference to what happens after a package
upload and the announcement email.  Partly, I'm just interested in what
happens, but I'd also like to know about the process of getting a package
into stable.  (The 2 packages I've adopted were both in "unstable".)

How reponsible is the maintainer for testing the package in a variety of
situations?  Is there a recommended test sequence.  (e.g. initial install,
upgrade on top of itself, upgrade from prev revision, purge, etc.)

Thanks,
tony

tony mancill               |  tmancill@us.lhsgroup.com
LHS Communications         |  Give me ambiguity or give me something else...