Re: bug #16666 -- assigned to wrong package

On Thu, Jun 11, 1998 at 03:41:27PM -0500, Ted Whalen wrote:
> Santiago Vila wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Ted Whalen wrote:
> > > This bug is assigned to my package, wm2, but as far as I can tell, it
> > > has nothing to do with my package.  Nor can I determine which package
> > > it belongs to.  Should I close it?
> >
> > Sometimes, people reassign bugs to other packages. From time to time,
> > people make little mistakes when reassigning bugs (we are humans :-).
> > Everything is "reversible" as long as the bug is not closed and
> > forgotten. If this is the case, the history of the bug will tell you
> > which was the package against which the bug was first reported.
>
> The trouble is that the package this bug was originally assigned to no
> longer exists.  The maintainer of wmlib-dev at the time was Neil A.
> Rubin, who is now maintaining the Afterstep package.  I'm not even
> sure, from the bug, what version of wmlib-dev it refers to.

Looking in the Packages files, it seems wmlib-dev has changed
to libwmaker0-dev, so yes it's been incorrectly assigned to wm2,
which as I understand it is completely unrelated to WindowMaker.

Looking in the Packages file it seems it has been fixed anyway.

Hamish (the originally submitter)