Re: Bug #23053

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:

> James Troup <J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > > Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:
> > > I did not misunderstood the word, this is _EXACTLY_ how I understood
> > > it!
> >
> > It seems to me you're still missing the point.  If you realise
> > that /etc/shadow is owned by someone else, why are you continuing
> > to muck with it?  Your ``fix'' doesn't address this issue.
>
> If I'm not allowed to write a (graphical) replacement for adduser,
> then I (and Debian) have 202kb worth of totaly worthless perlcode...

That's not what I said, please don't invent things for the sake of
histrionics.  I said you're not allowed to muck with files owned by
other packages.  Why don't you look at adduser?  It does the Right
thing for accessing /etc/{passwd,group,shadow} (i.e. doesn't
directly).

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~