Re: Where do orphaned packages go when you pick them up?

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 06:45:30PM -0400, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:
> I am the (new) maintainer of tkdesk and am (finally) getting around to
> packaging it up (blame my end of term exams).  My question is: where
> should this go?  It'd be a shame for hamm not to have tkdesk; however,
> at the time hamm was declared "frozen", tkdesk was not in it, but in
> project/orphaned.

Great to hear it's back.  At the weekend I missed it again.

> Should it go into unstable only?

Try to get it into 'frozen unstable', into both.  We used to re-install
packages into frozen that were removed due to critical bugs.

> Does it matter that the version I will be packaging is a new upstream
> release from the version that was in bo and in project/orphaned?

Normally that's not a good idea as it is untested.  In this case
tkdesk from hamm was quite old and a new version would give us several
new features (I hope) and compete with others.  I'd say, upload it into
frozen, too.  If that isn't liked Brian will refuse it early enough.

> Once I do upload this (to frozen or to unstable), how do I get rid of
> the tkdesk that is in project/orphaned?

File a bug against ftp.debian.org.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94   /