Greetings and RHIDE

Hi!

I've just became a maintainer, and would like to debianize RHIDE. Rhide
is a Borland C++ 3.1 like IDE for DOS and Linux. It include many
features like online Info help, integrated debugger, syntax
highlighting, etc. It supports gcc, pascal, ada... (I really need it).

Its distrubuted under GPL, however:

    a) The binaries are distributed in rpm (red hat) packages (no
problem)
    b) The sources are distributed in rpm (after unpacking you obtain
just .gz file on / directory ??)
    c) Parts of the sources are property of Borland international (Turbo
Vision :( Borland does not allow its distribuition).

I believe this program could be in contrib section rather than stable
one.

My question is: Should I have to recompile all the binaries to create
the .deb file or just to repacked the binaries into .deb?
I guess can do the second with no much difficulty, but recompiling the
binaries will be a bit more complicated (in fact, It will require the
Borland's Turbo Vision source, available for free in their ftp server).

Any sugerence?

--
Boriel         http://www.arrakis.es/~jrguez/boriel.htm