Re: Package rejected due to missing source entry, (help)

On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 10:51:51PM +0100, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:

> I think I'll need som help on this.
>
> I recently uploaded my first package, which was rejected with the
> following error:
>
> Rejected: Missing field `source' in changes file.
>
> Problem is: there is no source, just some scripts to maintain the
> databases, two rulesets for sendmail and documentation.  My additions
> are manpages, a script to automate the job of updating the databases,
> and a quick-start-guide.

You have a directory with the scripts and a subdirectory called
debian with the control files, right?  That's the source.  Run
dpkg-source -b over it and you're done.  You might want to take
a look at other debian-version-equals-upstream-version packages,
too.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor /