Re: sendfax from mgetty-fax dumps core

David Goodwin:>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:29:25 +0100 "Nathan L. Cutler" (livingston@pha.pvtnet.cz) wrote:
>
> >Once there's a lower-volume alternative to debian-user (last time I checked
> >it was producing well over 100 messages a day), I'll subscribe to it.  I
> >apologize for sending inappropriate material to this list.
>
> I too, unsub'd that list because of the high volume.  I don't know if it's
> poor ettiquete (sp?) or not, but perhaps you can send to the list asking for
> personal responses since you don't subscribe.
> (If this *is* poor nettiquete, let me know kindly. :) )

I would post it to debian-user and watch answers on the web page:
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9801/threads.html

perhaps this should be included in the 'standard reply' to
user questions, like this:

please post this in xxx, if you have not subsribed xxx you can
see the answers in web page at
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/xxx9801/threads.html
or mirrors at:
  blah blah blah