debstd and packagename

Hi,
I have the folowing problem. I am using debstd to build two pacakges,
dmalloc1 and dmalloc1-dev out of one source. Now the source pacakge is
called dmalloc.

When called, debstd uses dmalloc rather than dmalloc1 as the package
name, thus copying the files into the wrong doc directory. So my question
is:
Is there a way to force the package name to be "dmalloc1"?
Where does debstd look for the package name?

Thanks,
Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76