Re: Debian-Med policy proposal: 64-bit & little-endian only* for new packages

Hello,

On 2024-03-29 06:43, Nilesh Patra wrote:> There are also packages inside debian med umbrella which are not necessarily related to medicine or bioinformatics. These include some general purpose python packages, some C/C++ libraries et. al. There are packages that reverse-depend on the same. I don't think it's a good idea to remove 32 bit support in *all* the packages that are under our umbrella, but probably only the ones that are end-user applications.

It may be good to move packages not related to medicine to different teams over time but some of them actually don't fit into any availability team as per my understanding and may have to be moved to debian/ namespace.

I think Nilesh raises very important points. Personally I see no problem in leaving arch:any in debian/control and from time to time RMing the failing architectures.

Best wishes,
Andrius