Re: Request for Sponsorship: VeryFastTree - Parallelized and Optimized Version of FastTree

Hi Andreas,

> Hi César,
>
> sorry for beeing a bit short but I'm in preparation of my DebConf
> travel thus answering only where you directly addressed me.

No problem at all. I just got back from vacation.

> Am Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 03:11:38PM +0200 schrieb César Pomar:
> > >If you're interested in proceeding to prepare the package update
> > >for Debian yourself, you can lookup the team policy[1] chapter
> > >on the update topic if you need a refresh.  Once you think your
> > >repository in Salsa is ready for uploading the new version,
> > >please come back to us requesting for sponsorship.
> >
> > The last package updates were done directly by Andreas, although I know
> > how to do them. What do you think, Andreas?
>
> Inside Debian Med team there is a culture that any team member is
> permitted to touch any package.  Sometimes its just helpful if someone
> does a quick update while beeing verbose in commit logs.  I did never
> intend to drain your motivation somehow.  I'm just usually running
> `routine-update -f` before sponsoring a package or if I have some kind
> of other reason.
>
> Kind regards and thank you for maintaining VeryFastTree
>     Andreas.

I just wanted to make sure before doing anything, but in any case,
it's already done. The latest version of VeryFastTree is now available
in the Salsa repository. It should pass all Debian tests now.

Best regards,
César