Re: Request for Sponsorship: VeryFastTree - Parallelized and Optimized Version of FastTree

Hi,

>Hi César,
>
>César Pomar, on 2023-07-28:
>> I noticed that on https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/veryfasttree, they are
>> testing the tool with 32-bit architectures, and the tests are failing. The
>> tool is designed to leverage computing on 64-bit architectures, and the
>> memory limit of 32 bits drastically reduces the size of data that can be
>> processed. Nevertheless, in order to avoid Segmentation faults on 32-bit
>> architectures and to pass the tests on those systems, I have made the code
>> compatible with 32 bits and released version 4.0.2. It should now pass all
>> the Debian tests without any issues.
>
>Thanks for your update for the 32-bit architectures support,
>sorry this seems to have stalled a bit.  I did give a spin to
>your version 4.0.2 on i386 and armhf, and the segmentation fault
>in autopkgtest context went away.

I thought it would be much easier to maintain the tool in Debian if the
32-bit tests didn't cause any issues.

>If you're interested in proceeding to prepare the package update
>for Debian yourself, you can lookup the team policy[1] chapter
>on the update topic if you need a refresh.  Once you think your
>repository in Salsa is ready for uploading the new version,
>please come back to us requesting for sponsorship.

The last package updates were done directly by Andreas, although I know
how to do them. What do you think, Andreas?

>[1]: https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/
>
>Have a nice day,  :)
>--
>  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
> : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da
> `. `'   sent from /dev/pts/3, please excuse my verbosity
>   `-    on air: Backfire - Alpha

Best regards,
César